SignalFire’s New Analog Output Module Makes Wireless Sensor Retrofits a Snap
Hudson, Ma. One challenge that in a wireless retrofit installation is the need to integrate into an existing RTU or SCADA system. Often the simplest way to do this is with an analog signal. Wireless systems are fundamentally digital, this can require reprogramming an RTU or SCADA system. SignalFire has solve that problem by providing an easy-to-use Analog Output Module.
The SignalFire Analog Output Module connects to the SignalFire Gateway-in-a-Stick and can convert any reading into either an analog output or a digital output. The main features are:
- Provides 8 Analog Outputs (1-5V or 4-20 mA) and 2 Relay Outputs
- Can be daisy chained with a second unit for 16 Analog and 4 Relay Outputs.
- Mixed Signal Types can be mapped to Analog Outputs (Eg a Hart Variable or Modbus Register can be mapped to a 4-20 mA or relay output)
- Easy to use configuration software in the SignalFire Tool Kit
- Relay Outputs can be used for local alarms
- Can be used in conjunction with the Gateway-in-a-Stick RS 485 Modbus or Modbus TCP interfaces.
“The Analog Output Module is part of our commitment to providing an open architecture with our system by offering the widest availability of standard interfaces in the market” said Scott Keller, CEO of Signalfire. “The Analog Output Module will be available for shipment the middle of January.”