SignalFire’s unique patent-pending two-way mesh technology provides the power and stability needed for reliable data transfer over long node-to-node distances. We couple an innovative message-forwarding architecture with low-cost, high-power ISM-band radios, creating a simple, affordable system that’s easy to deploy.
Our technology is ideal for applications calling for many assets widely dispersed (up to 4 miles point-to-point), such as flow, level, pressure, and temperature, and can control devices such as pumps, valves, fans, and lighting.
SignalFire Remote Sensing System
SignalFire’s Remote Sensing System (SFRSS) consists of a gateway and remote nodes and sensors, giving asset managers access to valuable field data. SFRSS is built on the foundation of SignalFire’s uniquely convenient and efficient mesh network technology:
- Wireless nodes install themselves automatically into the network
- Nodes survey for and adapt to network changes
- Traffic volume
- Radio transmission conditions
- Power-source conditions
- Gateway availability
- Presence or absence of adjacent nodes
Universal Sensor and Data Compatibility
SFRSS works with all major industry-standard sensor interfaces, so you can use the best sensor for the job.
- Retrofit using existing sensors
- Build a fully wireless network using the best sensors for each application
- Avoid vertical-vendor monopolies
- Get all data delivered using industry-standard Modbus protocol
Truely Wireless Data Transfer
In battery-operated mode, the nodes enable truly autonomous sensor operation. The batteries power not only the nodes, but also the sensors, so running power lines is unnecessary.
SignalFire’s unique low power design makes operating 4-20 mA,1-5 V or HART current loop sensors possible without the expense of running conduit.
- High-capacity lithium primary batteries provide reliable operation even in low temperatures.
- Battery life is often measured in years and dictated primarily by the demands of attached sensors.
- Optional solar modules provide virtually indefinite power for nodes and attached sensors.
Robust gateways accommodate up to 10,000 transceiver nodes, enabling the network to cover a geographic range of hundreds of square miles. Linked to the internet and our back-end servers, our gateways bring asset managers data to their PCs in the desired format, using the industry-standard Modbus RTU protocol, for monitoring and control.
- Minimal set up — Nodes automatically install themselves and their associated registers
- Each node has a unique Modubus slave ID — Most recent node data is stored in the gateway until polled by the PLC/RTU
- Connects via standard RS-485 serial line
- Offline nodes “time out” to alert the system controller when there’s a problem
- System can also send data to a remote digital node
- Write to a Modbus register/coil
- Transmit a command to a device
- Write confirmation is relayed through the SFRSS
Our industrial transceiver nodes provide powerful, long-range transmission in the unlicensed ISM bands that sustains signal strength through terrain, structures, or weather. Two-way message forwarding enables customers to both monitor and control their assets.
Costing less than the closest comparable technologies, SignalFire transceivers minimize the investment required to build a network and promise an attractive ROI.
A secure web portal and customizable interface enable network managers to access and control their assets from anywhere in the world.